Monday, June 13, 2011

SABRINA: When I’m kept busy I’m happy

When we came to Magdeburg I was really depressed. We had just left this huge, busy, amazing city behind for this sleepy town. It didn't help that the day we rode in, everything was closed! I became really moody and just wanted to go back to Berlin. Coffman asked me what my problem was and I realized I needed to enjoy all that I could in Germany. So I washed away my expectations that Berlin had set for Magdeburg and looked at the town in a new way. Now I've grown used to it. It's a nice town, plenty of places to shop for practical things-but not so much for that touristy crap I love to spend my money on. But its nice to be able to just walk around the city and know how to get back. The fact that Hendrik and Bo take us out for activities everyday makes everything better. When I'm kept busy I'm happy. And we've gone and done so many fun things that I think I can finally say I'm happy to be in Magdeburg.

Sabrina in Magdeburg

No comments:

Post a Comment