Wednesday, June 8, 2011

DUSTIN: “Not for digital cameras”

When we first landed Germany I was terrified that I was going to have the hardest time getting around. After walking around Berlin I start to feel less and less worried about how I was going to order or get around the city. At first it’s all a little overwhelming. It’s nothing like I thought; most of the people speak English in Berlin so I don’t worry about if I don’t know a certain word or what something is called. On the contrary I did run into that problem in Potsdam when I tried to buy batteries. I asked the lady at MC Paper for the batteries and she looked at me weird. Then I showed her what I was talking about and everything was fine after that. Though I bought the wrong kind of AA batteries, I should have read the box, it was clearly marked in English “Not for Digital Cameras”.

The sites are a lot to take in, there’s just so much to see. I feel like a week in Berlin is just too short. I never want to leave this place. The one thing about this city that I love the most has to be the Cathedral.

Dustin Dom It’s indescribable it’s just one of those things that is so hard to put into words how beautiful the architecture is. Even though I was terrified when we went to the base of the dome, the view of the city was amazing.

Magdeburg 2001 030 It’s so beautiful here, the weather is perfect and there is so much green space even in the middle of a big city. This city is so appealing to me because of all the history here, in Berlin and the rest of the country. It’s just so old, it really make you realize that the United States is so young as far as countries go.

No comments:

Post a Comment