Thursday, June 9, 2011

SABRINA: Oh my sweet Moses…

Sabrina flags

Oh my sweet Moses! I absolutely loved Berlin! We got to the hostel, and at first I was terrified! It looked like a place where American tourists got kidnapped and nobody ever found out. But getting in made me feel better. There were a lot of people just chilling and having fun. As soon as we put our luggage down we hit the streets and travelled to the Brandenburg gate. Berlin was just so busy and everyone had something to do! It was so fast paced and fun! We just walked and walked, I think I lost like 5 pounds. When we got to the victory tower we just sunk into the grass. I hate grass at home--but I loved just lying in the grass in Europe! The food was amazing. I hate mustard and mayonnaise at home but its nice here. I also don’t eat a lot of ice cream in the states, but here its addicting! The Berlin Wall was great. It was so amazing to see that piece of history! It was beautiful and touching.

Magdeburg 2001 042

When we went to West Berlin I came very close to getting a tattoo on my ankle that said "Berlin 2011". I didn't do it, but I'm regretting it now. One morning I was in the hostel lobby on my computer at 2am, people were still playing drinking games, and some British guy came and talked to me. He was very friendly and I spoke to him everyday until we left. I really hate that we had to leave Berlin.

No comments:

Post a Comment