Wednesday, June 22, 2011

BRITTANY: Indians!

Brittany in Castle

Another crazy, yet fun outing! This past weekend our group took a weekend trip to Dresden. On the way there we stopped in a few cities to go sight seeing. It never ceases  to amaze me how beautiful everything in Germany is. The old architecture and the landscapes are always breath taking. The first stop we made was at an 800 year old castle. It was so beautiful. I love history and it was interesting to see the way people from the time period lived. Our next stop was at Karl May's house, a famous German author of cowboy and Indian books. I can't lie and say this place was inspirational in any way.

Magdeburg 2011 035

There were German men dressed as Native American Indians. It was not a pretty sight. Some of them had very little clothing, in areas where they should have had a lot. They danced to Native American music, and had Native American artifacts all over the place. I was told by one of my classmates that a German there asked her if this is what America was really like? She told him no. This really made me think about the way other countries see America. I am curious to know what other German's think of Americans.

After leaving Karl May's house, we jumped on our train to our final destination in Dresden. We checked into our hotel and walked around the city to find food. Dresden was beautiful, but the food was expensive! I got to do some cheesy tourist shopping though, so I was happy.

On Sunday we got up early to do more sight seeing in the city. We first went to see a treasure collection from the old royal family. We then headed over to see an old Catholic church.

church

This was the first Catholic church I had seen since I have been in Germany. After that we went to a restaurant and had some cake, and down time to relax before getting back on the train to Magdeburg.

I don't think I would ever get bored with Germany. There is so much to see. I feel like the short time I have been here has not been enough. I want to see everything! I am sad there is so little time left on this trip. Everything has been amazing!

No comments:

Post a Comment