Thursday, June 9, 2011

CHRIS: One of the best times I’ve ever had

Magdeburg 2001 056

I like Germany. The parts I’ve seen so far are cool. I like the lifestyle and walking everywhere. I especially like the ability to drink beer while walking down the street. I think most Germans walk for hours a day. I don’t know how you could possibly be an overweight German. Everything is way too inconvenient and too far apart for anyone to be obese. It’s okay though because the Germans are great at public transportation and in the past few days I’ve ridden on a bus, in a taxi, on a plane, on the Strassenbahn, and on a subway. I went 20 years without riding half of them.

SBahn

Berlin is a really cool city even though it smells. There is so much to do there. We walked for hours every day and I don’t feel like we even scratched the surface. I feel like I could live in Berlin and never get bored. Spending my 21st birthday drinking with the group was awesome and one of the best times I’ve ever had. Berlin was wonderful to visit but for me it was way too busy for my taste and wore me out. It was tiring because you constantly have to pay attention to your surroundings. (Pass Auf!) There was so much stuff to trip over and so many things to get killed by. (cars, busses, strassenbahn, trains, crazy bums, etc...) Magdeburg for me is much better.

No comments:

Post a Comment