Monday, June 13, 2011

GENIE: It’s not just the city, it’s the experiences

genie 3

This city, Magdeburg, is the most beautiful and entrancing city I have ever visited. I have traveled to many places throughout Europe and nothing comes close to how much I love being here. When we first arrived, while some people napped, I went out to explore the city and ran into Kendall. We chose a some-what random Straβenbahn and rode it to the end. We saw the downtown area, which compared to Berlin was much more appealing to me. It was large, but not as busy, crowded or smelly as Berlin. The buildings are more traditional, which I prefer to modern architecture.

Magdeburg 2001 026

It’s not just the city I love though; it’s been the experiences. That first night Chris, Kendall, Annabelle, Herr Coffman and I walked through the town to the park on the Elbe. It was lovely, relaxing, and just plain great. We’ve been to the park multiple times now and I love going there to relax and think about anything that flits across my jittery mind.

Overall, my time here has been beyond perfect. Even the class is enjoyable. The teacher, Frau Weber, is fantastic and everyone gets along like our own little, bizarre family. I have no complaints about anything that has occurred, and I am looking forward to what else may come in the next few weeks. I don’t want to leave

No comments:

Post a Comment