Friday, June 17, 2011

KENDALL: Hostel Life

Kendall Hostel 2

So I have been living in this hostel for the past two weeks now and it seems like much longer. It feels like a combination of a dorm and a hotel. Groups of people move in and out, often we go to breakfast and there is a large number of people. There was what seemed like an entire grade of a middle school here for several days and a group of senior citizens. Sometimes we go to breakfast and there are only a handful of other people. I share a bathroom with three other guys, which isn't a problem since none of us spend much time in there. This hostel uses keys instead of keycards and that is where the majority of my problems have come from. We have 2 keys to the room for 4 people. Each time we leave the hostel we are suppose to turn in the key or pass it to someone who isn't leaving. It is easy to accidentally leave the key in the room, or forget to turn it in. Sometimes both keys are in use and you can't find your roommates or get into the room, but this is rare, mainly having to go to the desk to get the key every time you want in the room is irritating.

I get along well with my roommates though and it is interesting living so close to all my classmates, it is much easier to have a spur of the moment outing than needing to meet up by car like in the states. We often go eat together, run together, and there is a ping pong table in the basement we sometimes use. That being said, I am looking forward to my old sleeping arrangements when I get back to the states.

No comments:

Post a Comment