Wednesday, June 15, 2011

REGINA: Wardrobe Fail

Magdeburg 2001 031

I enjoy being in Magdeburg because while it’s still a busy place (being a city) and is similar to Berlin in that regard, it’s smaller and more relaxed, which is a nice change from the constantly busy and rushing Berlin. I think that it’s a really nice place, and it’s a good combination of older, historical buildings (like the old churches), newer, modern architecture, and random quirkiness (as seen with the pink building).

hundertwasser1
Something I wasn’t expecting while being in Europe was the variable weather. To be honest, I wasn’t really thinking when I packed, and I ended up bringing mostly summer clothes with me (and when I say summer, I mean clothes that were designed for a hot, 100o F South Carolina summer). But it gets kind of chilly here, especially at night. On the day the group toured Magdeburg, I ended up wearing something that was totally inappropriate for the temperature: a sundress. Turns out that it was one of those cold, rainy days, and boy, was I miserable throughout that tour. This wasn’t the last time I wore something inappropriate for the temperature, though. On our trip to the mountains, I wore shorts and a t-shirt… which turns out to have been a bad idea. It poured down rain, and it was really cold, too. I came back to the hostel wet and freezing and crawled into bed shivering. It seems as though the only days I remember to bring my umbrella and coat with me, it’s sunny and warm outside.


I have a feeling that I’ll have to start checking the forecast while I’m here. I’d rather not end up with pneumonia because I went out in a tank top and skirt on a cold, rainy day.

No comments:

Post a Comment