Monday, June 20, 2011

GENIE: Catching up

Monday, June 13th, was a fantastic day. We had no class due to the holiday so we were free to do as we pleased. It was nice being able to sleep in for once. I woke up about 45 minutes before breakfast ended, so I went down and took my time enjoying a good, full meal. Afterwards, I took a long, hot shower that was much needed. A few of us spent time in one of the rooms relaxing and chatting. Eventually, sometime after lunch, a large group of us went to the Schwimmbad. I ended up falling asleep for a long time in the sun listening to music. Part of the time I spent watching a young boy play a simple game of toss with his father. Several times the ball skipped out of the pool and rolled over to me, so I’d toss it back. For some reason this was highly entertaining for me.

I was thinking of leaving soon when I saw a spot on my foot. When I further inspected it, I saw it was a tiny tick. I flipped out and trucked it back to the hostel, panicking the entire way thinking “I’m going to get lime disease in Deutschland nooooo!” It was fine though; I easily removed the little bugger and he died a quick death.

After cleaning up I went to the store with Chris and we bought two bottles of wine, salami, two types of cheese, a loaf of bread and a chocolate cake for 10 euro! It’s incredible how cheap drinks and food are in the grocery stores! I love it! We walked down to the park and laid out a blanket and had a picnic. It was very relaxing to sit in the park that was somehow quiet, even though it’s in the middle of the city, and listen to the Beatles and other music. Overall it was a great day for decompression and fun. It was much welcomed after the first week of long classes and booking it all over the city!

The rest of the week was somewhat dull. The best part was going to Wolfsburg on Tuesday. There we visited the Autostadt where we saw an Audi R8, which I sat in! SO EXCITING! And then we saw an absolutely beyond amazingly gorgeous Lamborghini. The engine revving was an amazing sound. Last, and perhaps best of all, we saw a BUGATTI!

Magdeburg 2011 007

It was completely chrome. I was in love. Those are three of my favorite cars. I was so utterly content. After that we had a tour of the VW plant, which was very interesting and educational.

Other than that, the week was uneventful. Annabelle and I got lost on Wednesday looking for the Waschsalon, so we didn’t get our clothes in that day, which was frustrating. We had to have friends drop our clothes off early Thursday while we were still in class. That same evening we watched a bizarre yet funny movie in a nifty old theater.

Movie

I had to dip out early though, to go pick up my clean clothes. In the rain. Yay. Friday was mostly spent packing for the weekend since we had to clear out of our rooms before going to Dresden. It was a pretty chill week.

No comments:

Post a Comment