Monday, June 20, 2011

SABRINA: Ich muss pinkeln!

Our trip to Dresden was a mix of good and bad. The day we headed out was rough for me. I had  to pee so bad and I wasn't about to use the train's WC!! So about 2 or so hours of agony, we made it into a little town. No bathroom break. We made it to a place to eat and I still couldn't find a bathroom! So I decided to get a wurst...it wasn't good, so I gave it to Chris. Then we moved on to Meissen and I finally got to pee and I was happier.

Magdeburg 2011 001

Meissen was gorgeous...buuuuuut my camera broke so I didn't get to take any photos :( So I bought a crap ton of post cards to compensate. We went to a museum that was about Native Americans...yeah, that was a fail. I enjoyed that I got the experience..but I really didn't like it. But I bought a legit Meissen porcelain piece. Then we went on to Dresden which was gorgeous!! The architecture was amazing!

Magdeburg 2011 052

And we got to see it just as the sun was setting which just enhanced the beauty! And there were people on the streets playing classical music. It was just romantic (More so if I had a lover with me haha) and magical. It was one of those moments where you're like: We're not in South Carolina anymore! And you know it's high class when the people have nice instruments and play classical music, unlike Berlin where they used harmonicas and sang Hit The Road Jack :) While everyone found something to eat I walked around the city, which in hindsight wasn't the smartest thing to do, since I was obviously a tourist and I was alone. I got to see 2 bachelor parties and 2 weddings in the process and found a boat that was slam full of people partying to (American) music. I really hate that it's hard to find German music in Germany! It was a lot of fun but I was tired and ill and freaking out because I couldn't find my passport. So I went back to the hostel with my Jordanian roommates, whom I have FINALLY learned their names! But they went out again and I went to sleep. The next day was MUCH better for me. We walked the city again and I bought tourist crap, which I love to do! And I got to try Black Forest Cake which was yummy. And got a fresh baked pretzel which was AMAZIIIIIIIIIIIING. Then we got to come home and I found my passport :) It would have been nice to stay in Dresden a little longer, but then my bank account would be empty...

No comments:

Post a Comment