Thursday, June 9, 2011

BRITTANY: Crossed one off the bucket list

Magdeburg, so far, has not been very exciting for me. I’m not really thrilled to say that I can cross getting sick in a foreign country off my list of things to do before I die. Over all though it has been an interesting experience and a great story to tell for later on!

essen

First of all, German hospital food is just as nasty as American hospital food! American hospitals do seem to be nicer than German hospitals. There is no bathroom in my room, and the bed doesn’t have a remote to move it up and down. There is a lever I have to pull to manually put the bed up. The TV in the room doesn’t seem to work, but that doesn’t bother me too much. It would all be in German anyway, and I would be lost. Thankfully the hospital has wireless internet! Also, the people here are very kind. I am thankful for that.

ambulance 2

ambulance 1

I did get to ride in a German ambulance from one hospital building to the next! That was pretty awesome! How many people can say that they rode in a German ambulance? Or even been in a German hospital. I could kiss every bilingual German in the whole country of Germany! I am so glad that most of them know English! I would have been a whole lot more terrified if I couldn’t communicate with the people taking care of me.

I also got some pretty funny pictures of Dustin and Coffman in hospital getups. What an adventure! Just not exactly the one I was looking for! I’m ready to get out and go sightseeing again!

dustin hospital

doctors

(FYI from Herr Coffman:  Because of the E Coli scare in Germany all precautions were made, hence the getups, and all subsequent tests were negative.  We’re thinking a virus/bought of food poisoning and hope to bring her home today!)

No comments:

Post a Comment