Thursday, June 23, 2011

ANNABELLE: One big family now

Park

Besides the many excursions we have gone on during our time in Germany, I would say the most uplifting and life altering aspect of this trip would be the random, smaller activities around Magdeburg.

There have been countless moments where I have thought to myself that I never want to leave and how happy I am here. Walking to the park several evenings a week with friends and finding our way back to the hostel is a relaxing and pure experience.

Walking

Although Magdeburg is not a metropolis or raging city, I have really enjoyed being a quasi resident of this area. Early this week I bought a handmade purse from a Ugandan woman and thought to myself how I feel reinvigorated by life and less burdened than I had been feeling in the previous semester. At times I have thought that the everyday stresses and pressures of college life can be so very overwhelming and draining. Since I’ve been here I’ve been so carefree and content.

I have also wondered if my separation from a cell phone and being inundated with negative American politics and news has had a beneficial and cathartic effect on my disposition. I have loved my random activities from taking the bus around town exploring, to going to Curry 54 for some 4,00 Currywursts and Pommes, to buying trinkets and presents for myself and loved ones. Everyone on this trip is like one big family now, sharing food and making fun of one another. I feel like I will always be connected to everyone on this adventure to Germany.

What

No comments:

Post a Comment