Friday, June 17, 2011

KIRSTEN: I should have listened to my mom

Kirsten & Sabrina in Quedlinburg

This past weekend we went on a couple of different day trips. On Saturday we went to the Harz Mountains. We made one stop before getting the town of Thale, which is where we went up the mountain to where the witches supposedly had meetings with the devil and performed rituals.

Quedlinburg Group

We had lunch in the town of Quedlinburg and my day was made when I finally found something that had my name right. I was hoping that I would be able to find my name on something here since I can never find it spelled right in the states so I was a little disappointed with the only ones I could find were Kerstin and Karsten (that one’s weird). After having lunch we got back on the train to Thale, where we got into gondolas going to the top of the mountain. We walked around for a bit when we got to the top and took pictures of the valley and town below.

 Thale View

After that, we headed further up the mountain where they had a bobsled track.

Magdeburg 2001 071

The bobsleds we so much fun, even though it started pouring down rain on us as we on the track. This meant we had to make it back down the mountain with only a few of us having umbrellas and jackets; in the end I think we were all soaked anyways.

After getting off the gondolas at the bottom of the mountain, we had to run to the train station because we realized we had two tickets among the five of us still in the station. This would not have been a problem if the tickets didn’t have five people on each one, meaning that five people that had made it to the train already didn’t have a ticket. We made it to the train with barely any time to spare, they were holding the doors open as long as they could. This day trip made me realize I really should have listened to my mom when she told me that it will be sunny one minute and pouring down rain the next, but we still had a lot of fun.

No comments:

Post a Comment