Sunday, June 19, 2011

CHRIS: Essen!

I have been eating well in Deutschland...

Chinese food

(Chinesisches Essen=Chinese Food)

The food here is incredible. I’ve eaten at many different restaurants and tried many different things and haven’t had a bad meal yet. Even the fast food and cheap meals are great. This meal, the first on that I had was really good and it was just cheap Chinese food. I have a habit in the US of ordering off a menu by randomly picking a number. This meal here I’m not sure exactly what I got but it was really good and it was only 6 euros with a beer.

SAM_0109

(Kartoffelsuppe=Potato soup)

This is typical Biergarten food. A Biergarten is usually a nice area near a river or in the woods somewhere. It’s basically just picnic tables set up around a stand where they sell sausages, beer, potato salad, chicken and other stuff. Usually when I go to a Biergarten I get a wurst, some potato salad, and a giant beer. This picture is from the Biergarten in Potsdam. The beer here I think was Berliner Rex.

Potsdam Beergarten

(Kartoffelsalat=Potato Salad)

I think something also has to be said about the Döner.

Dönner

(Chris mit Döner=Chris with Döner)

The Döner is awesome. It’s kind of like a gyro but more fabulous. I’m not sure exactly what’s inside because they are so good and I tend to eat them really fast. It’s basically meat they shave off of a spinning cooker thing with awesome sauce and a bunch of vegetables on top. Every one I’ve had from different places has been slightly different but they have all been good. I can promise you that any food you get here will be good Italian, Greek, Turkish, traditional German favorites etc... I could spend hours showing you the rest of my food pictures. Basically in Germany when it comes to food you can’t go wrong.

No comments:

Post a Comment