Thursday, June 9, 2011

KENDALL: Bathrobes and speedos

restaurant

I was so tired when I arrived in Berlin, but also sort of awestruck, I haven't been to many big cities, much less for very long. I don't remember a lot from the first day there because I just wanted food and sleep.

Rad

The first thing that really caught my attention was the bikes. There were too many bikes to count in Berlin, and unlike in America the bikers don't take crap from anybody; there are bike lanes on the sidewalk and if you walk in them you will probably get hit. It seems like cars are totally optional in German cities; people take there bikes onto the light rails and then keep going. People are also very different, nobody says hello, people walk around the streets drinking.

tanz

On Thursday it was apparently a national holiday for... drinking. We saw several groups of guys just wheeling around little pull carts full of beer. We actually saw a fight break out between two such groups, it was hilarious, both leaders were wearing bathrobes and speedos. Berlin was very interesting, but I don't think the big city is for me, it was very noisy and busy.

No comments:

Post a Comment