Monday, June 13, 2011

CHRIS: A little German moment

A few days ago whilst trying to find the entrance to a liquor store I stumbled upon a grandfather and grandson. The grandfather had an awesome German mustache that was a mix between a Burt Reynolds and a handlebar. The boy was also very German, he was young probably 4 or maybe 5. They were playing with a plastic bow with suction cup arrows. I sat on the curb and watched them for a little while as the grandfather helped his grandson perfect his aim. The old man saw me and turned away from the boy to wave at me and greet me: “Tag!”.  I greeted him back but as I did the boy had taken aim at one of the giant European pigeons.

taube

He hit the pigeon squarely and knocked the bird over. The old man turned around. I thought for sure that he would yell at the boy. Instead he let out a hearty German laugh. He then helped the little boy find all the arrows and the two left in search of more pigeons. I never did find the entrance to the liquor store but instead was rewarded with this very German moment that I’ll never forget. (no the bird didn't die)

No comments:

Post a Comment